Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Darkness surrounds the moon,
Emptiness falls in the room.
Numbness begins to set in,
As our love comes to an end.

I begin to feel the pain,
The tears fall like rain.
The world stands still,
My head begins to reel.

Your voice is on my ears,
But your words I do not hear.
My heart begins to break,
As my body begins to ache.

There's a dark cloud above,
It engulfs me like a glove.
I see a light shine through,
And know soon, I will be over you.



Okay, this isn't one of my best, but it's the first one I wrote about my first love. He sure did break my heart. What I find funny is how people say that they don't care about their exes anymore. What I have found is that I still love mine, just not the way I love my husband. Had it not been for my exes, I would not have found him and I would not have my children. Some roads, though steep, rough, and painful, must be walked down in order to find your true blessings. This doesn't mean that after you find him/her that there are no more long, winding, rough roads to go down...instead, this means that you have someone brave enough to love you and don't mind walking down that road with you. I have been blessed in this life to have had so many love me and to be able to love so many. I have had my share of hard times and heartbreaks, but still, I survive them all. I have had friends forsake me, and ones who have stood by me. Through it all, I have made new friends, who have encouraged me to be stronger and to make my life my own. I just wanted to share this with all of you...

On another note, this week has been another crazy one. One of my assistant managers text me saying she quit--right in the middle of her shift. Also, while I was in seminar on Wens. But, she was nice enough to text a couple hours later offering to work out her two week notice, but that she refused to work that night. Hello??? Is this crazy or what?? How can I depend on you when you walked out twice already. I have given you your second chance and you blew it. Why do people feel they can act like a child and be treated like an adult all in the same breath? Crazy people!!

Anyone who's into the Twilight saga's, I went and saw Eclipse tonight and it was awesome! I love that movie! Can't wait for the finale of Harry Potter, either. I know Harry Potter's time was up, and though we all got burnt out on him, I am excited for the finale. It's going to be really good!

All of you have a safe weekend! Happy Fourth of July!! I will try to post again before Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy - I can't go see Twilight without my daughter - she's seen the new one, but I'm sure she'll go again.

    ReplyDelete